AUBURN (CBS13) – The city of Auburn may soon have a new “Phenomenon” plaque after the original was stolen.
The old plaque marked the spot where John Travolta filmed a famous movie scene before it was chiseled out of the ground.
Owners of a local kettle corn business have pledged $500 to help pay for a replacement plaque.
Auburn police are still searching for clues in the theft.
More Auburn news:
- Sports Verdict: Should A One-Loss Team Be In The BCS Championship Game?
- College Football Spotlight: Ohio State A Win Away From BCS Title Shot, Whether SEC Likes It Or Not
- College Football Spotlight: Iron Bowl Stakes Rarely This High For ‘Bama, Auburn
- Auburn Man Arrested For Bringing Chain Saw To Bar Fight
- Cal Fire Battalion Chief In Auburn Arrested On Drug Charges