Man Shot Dead While Walking Dog In Orangevale
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) — Police say a fight escalated, leaving a man was shot dead while walking his dog in Orangevale.
Several neighbors along Central Avenue woke up to the sound of gunshots on Tuesday morning.
“A man was laying out in the road with a woman over him screaming, ‘I think he’s dead. Is he alive?’” one neighbor said.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputies say two men were walking their dog at around 4 a.m. when two other men approached them.
“We had several people contact 911, specifically called 911 to state her boyfriend had been shot in the street,” said Sgt. Lisa Bowman.
Investigators say one of those men pulled out a gun, firing at least twice hitting the victim in the chest.
The man died a short time later, despite an officer’s efforts to revive him.
A second victim’s ear was grazed by a bullet, but he’s expected to be OK.
Deputies are still looking for the two men they say are involved in this shooting, but no description for either is available at this point.
- Woman Shot In Sacramento
- Sacramento County Mom Thankful Son OK After Car Stolen With 5-Year-Old Inside
- Deputies: Grandma Mixes Babysitting, Vodka, Tries To Give Away Child
- 2 People Shot, 1 Dead In Orangevale
- Deputies Searching For Child Allegedly Kidnapped By Mother
- Sacramento County Deputy Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Teen For Years