Misdemeanor Charge Filed Against Assemblywoman’s Husband In Youth Soccer Incident
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — The mother of a 4-year-old boy says an Assemblywoman’s husband gave her son bruises during a soccer practice.
After a two-month investigation, the district attorney has filed a misdemeanor charge against Rod Olsen, the husband of Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen (R-Modesto).
Ashley Heapy and Matt Price are more than outraged after a recent soccer practice allegedly left their child injured and terrified.
“He said, ‘The man that scared me, hurt my arm Mommy,’” said Heapy. “He lifted up his sleeve, and I saw the visible marks on my son’s arm, and that’s when I knew Rod had grabbed him.”
Heapy says Rod Olsen became irate with her son, claiming the 4-year-old was bullying his son. That’s when she says Rod Olsen grabbed the child’s arm so hard that it left significant bruising in front of other stunned parents.
“You can obviously see there are four fingers on his bicep,” said Price.
Heapy says after the alleged assault, Rod Olsen approached her while she was working with a player with special needs, who she says he referred to in a derogatory way.
“If I wasn’t paying attention to the retard child, then this wouldn’t have happened, and I would have been paying more attention to my own,” Heapy said.
Calls to the Assemblywoman were not returned.