SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento firefighters say they had a difficult time putting out a suspicious house fire, because of hoarding at the home.
Crews found black smoke pouring from the home on 66th Avenue, and once inside, they found junk piled high, blocking the rooms and hallways.
Neighbors say the woman who lives at the home has a history of mental illness.
“They police have been out here numerous times trying to figure out what’s wrong with her,” said neighbor Adam Bradley. “She’s just been really causing problems for the whole neighborhood.”
Sacramento Police detained the homeowner at the scene while arson investigators try to determine a cause.
- Sacramento Police Detain Possible Suspect In Juvenile’s Homicide
- Suspects Arrested In Midtown Sacramento Shooting, Alleged Torture
- Woman Shot In Sacramento
- Sacramento Kings Take Over Capitol Mall For Charity Basketball Game
- UPDATED: Abducted Sacramento Child Found In SoCal; Mother Surrenders
- Sacramento Able To Put $21M Fund Toward Building New Parks, Improving Old
- Sacramento Program Aims To Stop Young Fire Starters