Cyclist Hit and Killed In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A cyclist was killed after he suddenly turned into the path of a vehicle in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol
At about 6:30 a.m. Monday, the 59-year-old cyclist was riding northbound on Stockton Boulevard, just south of Elsie Avenue, when he suddenly crossed lanes of traffic and was hit by a Chevy Tahoe also heading north, according to a CHP statement.
The cyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown from his bike and suffered major injuries. He was taken to Kaiser South Sacramento where he was pronounced dead.
The man’s name is being withheld until his next of kin are notified. The investigation is ongoing and there are no charges pending.