Cyclist Hit and Killed In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A cyclist was killed after he suddenly turned into the path of a vehicle in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol
At about 6:30 a.m. Monday, the 59-year-old cyclist was riding northbound on Stockton Boulevard, just south of Elsie Avenue, when he suddenly crossed lanes of traffic and was hit by a Chevy Tahoe also heading north, according to a CHP statement.
The cyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown from his bike and suffered major injuries. He was taken to Kaiser South Sacramento where he was pronounced dead.
The man’s name is being withheld until his next of kin are notified. The investigation is ongoing and there are no charges pending.