Cyclist Hit and Killed In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A cyclist was killed after he suddenly turned into the path of a vehicle in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol
At about 6:30 a.m. Monday, the 59-year-old cyclist was riding northbound on Stockton Boulevard, just south of Elsie Avenue, when he suddenly crossed lanes of traffic and was hit by a Chevy Tahoe also heading north, according to a CHP statement.
The cyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown from his bike and suffered major injuries. He was taken to Kaiser South Sacramento where he was pronounced dead.
The man’s name is being withheld until his next of kin are notified. The investigation is ongoing and there are no charges pending.