6 People Killed, Several Injured In Lodi Crash
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – The death toll from a violent multi-car crash at a busy Lodi intersection continues to grow.
On Wednesday morning, a sixth person was declared dead as a result of Tuesday’s crash.
The crash happened at Ham Lane and Vine Street in Lodi at around 5:20 p.m., according to Eric Bradley, a Lodi Police Department spokesman. A man was driving southbound on Ham Lane at around 80 mph and talking on his cell when he ran the red light at the intersection of Vine Street, clipped a vehicle and caused the chain-reaction crash, witnesses say.
The large number of victims and vehicle debris strewn across a wide area made investigating the scene a complex task for investigators who worked late into the night.
Among the dead are a young child, a pregnant woman and her unborn infant.
Police say evidence at the scene indicates alcohol may have been a factor.