ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Cal Fire official says one of their own is under arrest on drug charges.
Battalion Chief Ronald Wright was arrested in an undercover operation by Roseville police for allegedly transporting methamphetamine. Wright is stationed in the Auburn area.
Despite being charged with a felony, the district attorney has not officially filed charges in court.
Police say they take the charges seriously and say undercover operations are important.
“One of the things we do is discourage criminal activity. We do undercover operations to send out a message that criminal activity is not welcome in Roseville,” said Roseville Police Dept. spokesperson Dee Dee Gunther. And if you come to Roseville to commit crime, you’re very likely to get arrested.”
Cal Fire officials say Wright is off the job and is using accrued paid time.
Wright is scheduled to return to work in mid-November. At that time, Cal Fire officials will use the outcome of the criminal case to determine whether or not he will return to duty.
- Board: Roseville Hearing Aid Company Took Advantage Of Elderly With Guarantee
- Roseville Seniors Rallying Against Proposed Verizon Cellphone Tower Near Community
- Roseville Offering Unlimited Recycled Wastewater During Drought
- Roseville Massage Business Catches Fire
- Tax Records Show Millions Raised For Police Youth Charity Went To Telemarketers