Woman Found Dead In Road In Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver after a woman was killed on an Elk Grove road overnight.
At around 2 a.m. Tuesday, officers received a call from someone about a woman who had been sitting on the curb at East Stockton Boulevard and Sheldon Road for several hours. When officers arrived at the reported location, they found the woman’s body lying in the northbound lane of East Stockton Boulevard, according to Elk Grove P.D. Public Information Officer Christopher Trim.
Officers say the woman, 62, had walked into the road and was hit by a northbound vehicle. The vehicle then drove off. Officers do not have a description of the vehicle.
With no houses or businesses nearby, police are left piecing together a limited amount of information about the woman’s death.
Investigators say they contacted the caller again, trying to get more information.
A small stretch of East Stockton Boulevard had been closed while police conducted their investigation.