Lodi School Honors Victims Of Deadly Crash
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – Lodi Middle School honored those who lost their lives in a tragic car accident this week.
The school held a moment of silence Thursday to remember student Irvin Miranda and five others who died on Tuesday in a violent, multicar crash.
The entire student body gathered on the outdoor basketball court and released six balloons into the air — one for each of the six people who died.
Several students shed tears for their former classmate during the somber event. Some students who say they knew Irvin commented on his death.
“It made me realize that he’s in a better place now, that he’s not going to be in pain no more. He’s with God now,” said Moses Vera.
“It’s sad, but again, he’s better off with his family now,” said John Carrillo.
A memorial continues to grow across the street from the school, at the intersection of Ham Lane and Vine Street, where the accident happened.