Lodi Police Officially Name Ryan Morales As Suspect In Accident That Killed Family
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) — Lodi Police have officially named Ryan Morales as the suspect in an accident that killed six members of a family.
Earlier on Friday, CBS13 obtained documents detailing evidence and witness statements obtained at a Lodi home where a man in Tuesday’s deadly crash had allegedly been drinking.
Police requested the warrant after first responders reported smelled alcohol on Ryan Morales, 28, of Lodi, as they attended to him inside of his damaged GMC Yukon. Witnesses say Morales was going 80 mph and talking on the phone when he drove his SUV through a red light at the intersection of Ham Lane and Vine Street, clipped a vehicle and caused the chain-reaction crash.
According to the warrant, at around 10 p.m. on Tuesday, officers went to the home of Ryan’s parents and met Tracy Morales, Ryan’s mother. When asked if her son had been drinking that day, she responded, “Yes.” She says she came home from work at around 6 p.m. and found her husband, James, and Ryan playing ping-pong in the garage, which smelled like alcohol. She said she knew they had been drinking.
- Witnesses, Officers Saw Signs Driver In Fatal Lodi Crash Was Under The Influence
- Mother Of Driver Involved In Deadly Lodi Crash Says Son Had Been Drinking Alcohol
- Woman To Rushed To Help Lodi Crash Victims Talks To CBS13
- Sole Survivor Of Lodi Family Killed In Crash Recovering As Investigation Into Accident Slows
- Lodi School Honors Victims Of Deadly Crash