No US Tsunami Concern After Japan Quake
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The National Tsunami Warning Center says there is no tsunami danger for Hawaii, Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California following a powerful earthquake off Japan’s east coast.
The center says the evaluation is based on information about the quake and historic tsunami records.
The magnitude-7.3 quake struck at 10:10 a.m. PDT Friday, which was early Saturday morning in Tokyo. The quake occurred under the ocean off Honshu, Japan.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.