Miner Reported Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – Volunteer searchers are assisting Nevada County sheriff’s deputies looking for a man who went missing while mining for gold.
A sheriff department spokesperson says 65-year-old Walter Steever of San Jose went to one of his favorite mining spots near South Yuba River, at the end of Owl Creek Road, on Wednesday and hasn’t returned. His vehicle was found parked in the area.
Steever was due back home over the weekend.
He’s described as a white male, weighing 185 pounds, and has a white beard. He is not considered to be at risk.
El Dorado County and Placer County rescue teams and a CHP helicopter are also assisting in the search. In total, 40 people are actively involved in the operation.