Miner Reported Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – Volunteer searchers are assisting Nevada County sheriff’s deputies looking for a man who went missing while mining for gold.
A sheriff department spokesperson says 65-year-old Walter Steever of San Jose went to one of his favorite mining spots near South Yuba River, at the end of Owl Creek Road, on Wednesday and hasn’t returned. His vehicle was found parked in the area.
Steever was due back home over the weekend.
He’s described as a white male, weighing 185 pounds, and has a white beard. He is not considered to be at risk.
El Dorado County and Placer County rescue teams and a CHP helicopter are also assisting in the search. In total, 40 people are actively involved in the operation.