Miner Reported Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – Volunteer searchers are assisting Nevada County sheriff’s deputies looking for a man who went missing while mining for gold.
A sheriff department spokesperson says 65-year-old Walter Steever of San Jose went to one of his favorite mining spots near South Yuba River, at the end of Owl Creek Road, on Wednesday and hasn’t returned. His vehicle was found parked in the area.
Steever was due back home over the weekend.
He’s described as a white male, weighing 185 pounds, and has a white beard. He is not considered to be at risk.
El Dorado County and Placer County rescue teams and a CHP helicopter are also assisting in the search. In total, 40 people are actively involved in the operation.