Miner Reported Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – Volunteer searchers are assisting Nevada County sheriff’s deputies looking for a man who went missing while mining for gold.
A sheriff department spokesperson says 65-year-old Walter Steever of San Jose went to one of his favorite mining spots near South Yuba River, at the end of Owl Creek Road, on Wednesday and hasn’t returned. His vehicle was found parked in the area.
Steever was due back home over the weekend.
He’s described as a white male, weighing 185 pounds, and has a white beard. He is not considered to be at risk.
El Dorado County and Placer County rescue teams and a CHP helicopter are also assisting in the search. In total, 40 people are actively involved in the operation.