Miner Reported Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – Volunteer searchers are assisting Nevada County sheriff’s deputies looking for a man who went missing while mining for gold.
A sheriff department spokesperson says 65-year-old Walter Steever of San Jose went to one of his favorite mining spots near South Yuba River, at the end of Owl Creek Road, on Wednesday and hasn’t returned. His vehicle was found parked in the area.
Steever was due back home over the weekend.
He’s described as a white male, weighing 185 pounds, and has a white beard. He is not considered to be at risk.
El Dorado County and Placer County rescue teams and a CHP helicopter are also assisting in the search. In total, 40 people are actively involved in the operation.