UPDATE: Accused Roseville Shooter Does Not Enter Plea At Hearing
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – Samuel “Sammy” Duran, the man accused of shooting officers and sparking and hours-long manhunt and standoff in Roseville last weekend did not enter a plea in response to criminal charges at his Tuesday arraignment.
At the 1:30 p.m. hearing Tuesday, Duran was also appointed a public defender and ordered to attend a court hearing on Friday.
The Placer County DA’s office announced the charges against Duran Tuesday in a press release. The criminal complaint alleges that when a Homeland Security Investigations agent and Roseville officers attempted to arrested Duran, who was being sought for weeks, he allegedly shot at the officers, hitting the agent in the leg. He then allegedly assaulted officers while he tried to get away and assaulted residents inside a nearby home.
Duran surrendered to officers at 12:30 a.m. on Saturday.
He is being charged with seven counts of attempted murder of a peace offer, seven counts of assault with a semi-automatic firearm on a peace officer, one count of burglary, two counts of false imprisonment, two counts of making criminal threats, possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Duran is no stranger to trouble. The 32-year-old has a violent criminal past, including arrests in the past five years for assault with a deadly weapon, attempted robbery, attempted carjacking, domestic violence and resisting arrest.
If convicted, Duran faces life in prison. He’s being housed at Placer County Jail.
- Former Sacramento Police Chief Speaking Out Against Self-Deployment Surges
- Duran Enters Not Guilty To Charges Stemming From Roseville Standoff
- Samuel Nathan Duran Does Not Enter Plea In First Court Appearance After Standoff
- UPDATE: Accused Roseville Shooter Does Not Enter Plea At Hearing
- Roseville Woman Talks About Escaping With Family From Alleged Cop Shooter