LAKE OF THE PINES, Calif. (CBS13) – An Auburn man is behind bars for threatening to use a chain saw during a fight outside of a Lake of the Pines bar on Tuesday night.
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office says 31-year-old Weston Cecil Burton was outside Stinky Mulligan’s Sports Bar when he began fondling another man’s chest. The man reportedly told Burton to stop, and when he didn’t, the man slapped and pushed Burton.
Burton then went to his truck, grabbed a chain saw and came after the man. When the chain saw stalled, a witness was able to take it away from Burton, along with several other items that could have been used as weapons.
Burton drove off in his truck and was later arrested at home.
Burton is being held at Nevada County Jail on the charge of felony assault with a deadly weapon.
More Offbeat News
- Cops Seize Cremated Human Remains Thinking It Was Heroin
- Officials Say Postal Worker Hoarded Over 17,000 Pieces Of Mail
- Florida Man Asks About Consequences Of Stealing Beer, Quickly Learns
- Police: Student Caught Filming Roommate Naked, Swallows Tide Pod
- Why Trainloads Of People’s Poo Have Been Rotting In An Alabama Town For Months