LAKE OF THE PINES, Calif. (CBS13) – An Auburn man is behind bars for threatening to use a chain saw during a fight outside of a Lake of the Pines bar on Tuesday night.
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office says 31-year-old Weston Cecil Burton was outside Stinky Mulligan’s Sports Bar when he began fondling another man’s chest. The man reportedly told Burton to stop, and when he didn’t, the man slapped and pushed Burton.
Burton then went to his truck, grabbed a chain saw and came after the man. When the chain saw stalled, a witness was able to take it away from Burton, along with several other items that could have been used as weapons.
Burton drove off in his truck and was later arrested at home.
Burton is being held at Nevada County Jail on the charge of felony assault with a deadly weapon.
More Offbeat News
- Officials: Woman Released From Jail Immediately Steals Car
- Bill Introduced In Maine Would Protect Climate Change Doubters
- DA: Man Mistakenly Texted Prosecutor About Trading Marijuana For Heroin
- French Authorities Find Suspected Thief Stuck In Window
- Police: Robber Breaks Leg, Calls For Help, Gets Arrested