Eden Miranda, Sole Survivor Of Lodi Crash, Released From Hospital
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) — Two weeks after horrific crash killed six of his family members, a 9-year-old boy has been released from the hospital.
Eden Miranda, 9, suffered broken bones and a punctured kidney in the Oct. 22 six-car crash. Killed in the crash were Luis Miranda, his pregnant wife Viviana, and three of their four children.
Ryan Morales, 28, the man accused of causing the accident, has still not been charged, because he’s in critical condition at the hospital.
According to court documents, his speedometer was stuck at 100 mph. In accidents, speedometers commonly stick at the speed the driver was traveling at.
The documents also revealed that Morales had a .2 blood-alcohol content, two and a half times the legal limit.
Police also suspect he was on the phone at the time of the accident and are currently searching his phone records.
Morales could potentially face second-degree murder charges.
According to court documents, Morales’ relatives told officers he shared a bottle of alcohol 90 minutes before the crash. Investigators found several empty bottles in the trash near his trailer.
- Community Banding Together To Help Sole Survivor Of Deadly Lodi Crash
- Sole Survivor Of Lodi Family Killed In Crash Recovering As Investigation Into Accident Slows
- Community Holds Fundraiser For 9-Year-Old Sole Survivor Of Deadly Lodi Crash
- Second-Degree Murder Charges Possible In Lodi Crash That Killed 6
- Lodi Nurses Raced To Scene Of Deadly Six-Car Crash That Killed Miranda Family
- Lodi In Mourning After Six-Car Accident Kills Nearly Entire Family
- Lodi School Honors Victims Of Deadly Crash
- 1 Person Killed, 3 Injured In Car Crash