FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Police closed off part of Highway 12 in Fairfield Tuesday because of an officer-involved shooting.
The shooting happened Tuesday morning in the area of Highway 12 and Pennsylvania Avenue, according to a Fairfield police dispatcher. As a result, Highway 12 was closed in both directions between Pennsylvania and Beck Avenues.
The incident began at around 9:30 a.m. at an apartment complex in the 200 block of Pennsylvania Avenue. Police say they received a call of a disturbance, and when they arrived, officers found a woman suffering from “major traumatic injuries.” She was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for life-threatening injuries.
Police were able to get a description of the suspect, who they found soon after in a nearby neighborhood. The suspect had a knife, say police, and as he was running from officers, allegedly used the knife to attack them.
Officers shot the suspect. He was given first aid then taken to the hospital.
The officers involved in the incident will be placed on routine administrative leave.
- Boy, 16, Arrested For Shooting At Solano Town Center
- Second Shooting In 1 Month Raises Safety Concerns At Solano Town Center
- Race Against Time: Travis AFB Joins International Search For Missing Submarine
- Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations At Fairfield Apartment Complex
- Call Kurtis: Cruise Line’s Mistake Keeps Military Family From Their Vacation