Sacramento To Host Start Of 2014 Amgen Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento has officially been named as the city that will host the start of the 2014 Amgen Tour of California.
For the first time in three years, the tour will be hosted by the Capitol City, according to a statement by the Sacramento Sports Commission. The race will begin on May 11 in front of the Capital Building and will travel south, wrapping up on May 18 in Thousand Oaks.
Day two of the race, the individual time trials, will take place in Folsom, according to the event website.
Sacramento hosted the race prologue in 2009 and stage finishes in 2007-08, 2010 and 2011.
The commission estimates the event could bring in $8,440,285 in tourism dollars to the region.
“We are very excited to welcome the Amgen Tour of California back to Sacramento,” said Steve Hammond, president & CEO of the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau. “While this event brings significant and measurable economic impact to the region, it also offers tremendous marketing and exposure opportunities for Sacramento that position California’s Capital City in a very positive light.”
Here is the full list of stops during the 2014 tour stages:
Stage 1: Sacramento
Stage 2: Folsom – Individual time trial
Stage 3: Mount Diablo to San Jose
Stage 4: Monterey to Cambria
Stage 5: Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara
Stage 6: Santa Clarita to Mountain High
Stage 7: Santa Clarita to Pasadena
Stage 8: Thousands Oaks