Citrus Heights Police Searching For Leads In Senseless Death Of Disabled Man
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — Police are searching for a suspect to murdered a disabled Citrus Heights man in a random beating.
Chris Sorgani’s disability kept him from driving, but not from working. He would take the bus and get off at his regular stop.
A husband with a brilliant smile, Chris got his Master’s degree in counseling working at the Employment Development Department.
His left side was paralyzed by seizures. He walked with a noticeable limp and stood all of 5-foot-3. He was an inspiration to his coworkers, choosing not to be defined by his disability.
But when he got off at his regular stop one night, he couldn’t defend himself against what appears to be a random attack.
“We believe this was somebody passing by, that for whatever reason, saw Mr. Sargoni and took advantage of a disabled man,” said Citrus Heights Det. Chad Morris.
His grieving widow says her whole world is shattered.
“My husband is almost a perfect husband,” she said, fighting back tears. “Despite his disability, he’s a good man, my hero, a saint, my angel. He’s such a wonderful guy.
Two weeks after his brutal death, detective with the Citrus Heights Police went door-to-door handing out fliers at the apartments near Sunrise and Greenback, where Chris was found bloodied and beaten.
Since it happened at 6:30 p.m., police believe somebody had to have seen something on the busy street.
His widow is pleading with witnesses to do the right thing and come forward to help find the killer of a man whose only mistake was walking home to his loving wife.
Initially, police looked at this as a possible robbery, but Chris was found with his wallet on him, still wearing his backpack with nothing disturbed.
- Citrus Heights Police To Canvass For New Information In Unsolved Homicide
- Citrus Heights Police Investigating Violent Attack On Greenback lane
- 2 Schools, Business Shutdown As Citrus Heights Police Search Area For Armed Suspect
- Citrus Heights Police Say Man Was Threatening People With A Knife
- Citrus Heights Man, Dog Stabbed While On Morning Walk
- Suspicious Package Found In Citrus Heights Parking Lot
- Police: Pipe Bomb Detonated At Citrus Heights Bus Stop
- Burglars Use Stolen Citrus Heights Truck To Steal From Walnut Creek Tiffany & Co.
- Body Discovered In Citrus Heights’ Rusch Park