Oakland Teen Could Be Charged For Allegedly Setting Man On Fire On Bus
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A 16-year-old Northern California boy could be charged with setting a man on fire while riding on a public bus.
Alameda County prosecutors could charge the Oakland High School student as soon as Thursday after he was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and mayhem.
The teen is suspected of setting 18-year-old Luke “Sasha” Fleischman on fire on an AC Transit bus in Oakland on Monday.
Police say Fleischman was asleep and wearing a kilt-like skirt when it was set ablaze by another passenger. Other passengers came to Fleischman’s aid after he tried to put out the flames himself.
Fleischman is listed in stable condition at a San Francisco hospital after suffering second- and third-degree burns on his legs.
An online fundraiser set up by Fleischman’s family has raised more than $21,000 to help pay for his medical bills.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.