Oakland Teen Could Be Charged For Allegedly Setting Man On Fire On Bus
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A 16-year-old Northern California boy could be charged with setting a man on fire while riding on a public bus.
Alameda County prosecutors could charge the Oakland High School student as soon as Thursday after he was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and mayhem.
The teen is suspected of setting 18-year-old Luke “Sasha” Fleischman on fire on an AC Transit bus in Oakland on Monday.
Police say Fleischman was asleep and wearing a kilt-like skirt when it was set ablaze by another passenger. Other passengers came to Fleischman’s aid after he tried to put out the flames himself.
Fleischman is listed in stable condition at a San Francisco hospital after suffering second- and third-degree burns on his legs.
An online fundraiser set up by Fleischman’s family has raised more than $21,000 to help pay for his medical bills.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.