Sammy Hagar’s Roseville Restaurant Temporarily Closes; Part Owner Reported Missing
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Roseville restaurant that opened in 2012 with plenty of fanfare has temporarily closed and the whereabouts of one of the owners is unknown.
Sammy’s Rockin’ Island Bar and Grill opened just over a year ago in Roseville, but now sits closed.
It was a rocking good time when the bar opened just over a year ago, but the rocker’s namesake restaurant was dark on Monday night. A sign on the window told visitors they had closed for unforeseen circumstances.
“It’s kind of rare for there not to be music blaring out of the restaurant,” one man said.
What are those unforeseen circumstances? We’re not sure, but CBS13 discovered one of the restaurant’s controlling owners, Stephen Pease, has been reported missing.
“We received a missing-persons report back on October 31,” said Lt. Cal Walstad, with the Roseville Police Department.
The report, which was filed by a reported associate of Pease, indicates Pease was last seen at Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas on October 28. The report also states Pease had been tracked to Vancouver, Canada.
Walstad says at this point there’s no reason to believe foul play is involved.
“I’ve reviewed the report and I don’t find that. It’s simply people have not had contact with him,” he said.
Pease appeared to have a lot at stake in the area. According to documents obtained by CBS13, Sammy’s Island Bar and Grill took a $1.5 million loan from the Roseville Community Development Corporation.
We tried to contact Pease’s associates at the restaurant’s corporate office, but no one was in.
We spoke to some would be customers who were taken by surprise at the news.
“Yeah, we’ll have go across the street,” one person said.
We reached out to Sammy Hagars’ organization get a comment, but did not hear back.
- Roseville’s Sammy’s Rockin’ Island Bar & Grill Reopening
- Roseville Business Community Remembers Passion Stephen Pease Had For Downtown
- Roseville Restaurant Owner Still Missing; Loan In Default
- Roseville Businessman Behind Sammy Hagar Restaurant Disappears Without A Trace
- Owner Of Roseville Sammy’s Missing As Business Mysteriously Shuts Down