Calif. Insurance Commissioner: More Than 1M Californians Having Insurance Cancelled Due To ACA (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
In an interview with NBC News, President Barack Obama apologized for previously pledging that Americans would get to keep their health plan under Obamacare, despite millions receiving cancellation notices.
Last week, Blue Shield of California said it would extend 113,000 policies by an extra three months after it failed to provide 180 days’ notice to customers. Blue Shield was required to provide a lengthier notification period than other insurers because it opted to switch from being regulated under the insurance commissioner’s office to the state Department of Managed Health Care.
The state health care exchange, Covered California, has been accepting customers since Oct. 1 but has yet to say how many people have signed up for new policies. It is expected to announce enrollment figures Thursday.
Jones said even though both insurance companies have extended their existing coverage, policyholders who are eligible for federal premium subsidies through Covered California will likely want to choose new policies by Dec. 15 so they can begin receiving the subsidies starting Jan. 1.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later?
- Income Checks Knocking Californians From Health Care Plans To Medi-Cal
- Income Verification Throwing Some Californians Off Health Plans
- State Says Insurers Must Cover Elective Abortions
- Sacramento Health Care Professional Helps Keep Seniors Right At Home
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Dog Heads Back To Pennsylvania After Somehow Getting To West Coast
- California Man Pleads Guilty To Defacing Utah Murals Painted By Artist ‘Banksy’
- California Man Allegedly Cooked Ex-Girlfriend’s Dog, Fed It To Her
- Elementary Teacher Accidentally Shoots Herself In Leg At School
- ‘Human’ Loses Primary In New Hampshire