Calif. Insurance Commissioner: More Than 1M Californians Having Insurance Cancelled Due To ACA (page 2)
More InformationFor more information about the Affordable Care Act, visit CBSSacramento.com/ACA.
In an interview with NBC News, President Barack Obama apologized for previously pledging that Americans would get to keep their health plan under Obamacare, despite millions receiving cancellation notices.
Last week, Blue Shield of California said it would extend 113,000 policies by an extra three months after it failed to provide 180 days’ notice to customers. Blue Shield was required to provide a lengthier notification period than other insurers because it opted to switch from being regulated under the insurance commissioner’s office to the state Department of Managed Health Care.
The state health care exchange, Covered California, has been accepting customers since Oct. 1 but has yet to say how many people have signed up for new policies. It is expected to announce enrollment figures Thursday.
Jones said even though both insurance companies have extended their existing coverage, policyholders who are eligible for federal premium subsidies through Covered California will likely want to choose new policies by Dec. 15 so they can begin receiving the subsidies starting Jan. 1.
- 1.4 Million Californians Sign Up Or Renew Obamacare Coverage
- Health Care Sticker Shock: Tax Refunds Could Be Taken To Make Up For Low Income Estimates
- Board That Rolled Out Affordable Care Act In California Undergoes Turnover
- Health Insurance Sign-Ups Coming To Shopping Malls
- California Sets Target Of 1.7 Million People Signed Up For Covered California
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 2 Men In Samurai Sword Killings Will Likely Spend Life In Prison
- Cousins Trick Thief Into Returning Stolen Car He Tried To Sell On Craigslist
- Suspect Gets Nails Done Then Allegedly Robs Salon
- Study: Needing To Urinate Could Make You A Better Liar
- Mormon Church Warns Followers Upcoming ‘Blood Moon’ Isn’t Sign Of the End Times