Four Killed In Highway 99 Crash South Of Yuba City
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) — Four people were killed in a two-car accident on Highway 99 just south of Yuba City at Oswald Road.
Investigators say the a 2008 Mercedes S550 was traveling south on Highway 99 approaching Oswald Road at the same time as a 1997 Toyota Camry.
The Camry entered the intersection in front of the Mercedes for unknown reasons. One passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt was ejected from the Camry. All four occupants of the Camry were pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the Mercedes, Sonny Granados, 23, of Chico was transported to the UC Davis Medical Center with major injuries. Passengers May Subaran, 25, of Chico; Jennifer Gonzales, 38, of Paradise; and Lucia Granados, 30, of Chico were treated for minor injuries at UC Davis and Rideout Hospital.
Investigators say it’s unknown whether alcohol or drugs played a role in the investigation.
It is unknown whether alcohol/drugs played a factor in this collision, as it remains under investigation at this time.