Four Killed In Highway 99 Crash South Of Yuba City
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) — Four people were killed in a two-car accident on Highway 99 just south of Yuba City at Oswald Road.
Investigators say the a 2008 Mercedes S550 was traveling south on Highway 99 approaching Oswald Road at the same time as a 1997 Toyota Camry.
The Camry entered the intersection in front of the Mercedes for unknown reasons. One passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt was ejected from the Camry. All four occupants of the Camry were pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the Mercedes, Sonny Granados, 23, of Chico was transported to the UC Davis Medical Center with major injuries. Passengers May Subaran, 25, of Chico; Jennifer Gonzales, 38, of Paradise; and Lucia Granados, 30, of Chico were treated for minor injuries at UC Davis and Rideout Hospital.
Investigators say it’s unknown whether alcohol or drugs played a role in the investigation.
It is unknown whether alcohol/drugs played a factor in this collision, as it remains under investigation at this time.