Lodi Crash Suspect Ryan Morales Transferred From Hospital To Jail Before Arraignment
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) — The suspect in a deadly Lodi crash that killed six members of a family has been released from the hospital and is in jail a day before his arraignment,
Ryan Morales, 28, will make his court appearance on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. It was previously believed that he would be arraigned remotely from his hospital bed.
Morales wasn’t formally arrested for the Oct. 22 accident until Friday.
Morales was arrested for six counts of second degree murder, and six counts of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated. He may face additional charges after the San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office reviews the completed investigation.
The news comes a just over a week after news that the lone survivor of the Miranda family, Eden, had been released from the hospital. Six of his family members perished in the crash.
According to court documents, Morales’ speedometer was stuck at 100 mph. In accidents, speedometers commonly stick at the speed the driver was traveling at the time of the crash.
The documents also revealed that Morales had a .2 blood-alcohol content, two and a half times the legal limit.
- Lodi Police Arrest Ryan Morales For Accident That Killed Family
- Second-Degree Murder Charges Possible In Lodi Crash That Killed 6
- Eden Miranda, Sole Survivor Of Lodi Crash, Released From Hospital
- Community Holds Fundraiser For 9-Year-Old Sole Survivor Of Deadly Lodi Crash
- Mother Of Driver Involved In Deadly Lodi Crash Says Son Had Been Drinking Alcohol
- Woman To Rushed To Help Lodi Crash Victims Talks To CBS13
- Lodi Police Officially Name Ryan Morales As Suspect In Accident That Killed Family