Man Accused Of Whacking Taxi With A Didgeridoo in Southern California
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
CHULA VISTA, Calif. (AP) – A Southern California man has been arrested after police say he whacked a taxi with a didgeridoo in an argument over the fare.
U-T San Diego says the 31-year-old man and a woman were picked up Sunday night in Chula Vista then fell asleep during a 20-minute ride to a home.
Police Lt. Phil Collum says when they arrived, the man got into an argument with the cabbie over the fare.
Collum says he went into the house and came out with a didgeridoo – a long, wooden instrument from Australia.
Collum says the man threatened the driver with it. The cabbie drove off, but the man allegedly chased the cab and whacked it several times with the didgeridoo, denting the vehicle.
Arriving police arrested the man on suspicion of vandalism.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.