Man Accused Of Whacking Taxi With A Didgeridoo in Southern California
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
CHULA VISTA, Calif. (AP) – A Southern California man has been arrested after police say he whacked a taxi with a didgeridoo in an argument over the fare.
U-T San Diego says the 31-year-old man and a woman were picked up Sunday night in Chula Vista then fell asleep during a 20-minute ride to a home.
Police Lt. Phil Collum says when they arrived, the man got into an argument with the cabbie over the fare.
Collum says he went into the house and came out with a didgeridoo – a long, wooden instrument from Australia.
Collum says the man threatened the driver with it. The cabbie drove off, but the man allegedly chased the cab and whacked it several times with the didgeridoo, denting the vehicle.
Arriving police arrested the man on suspicion of vandalism.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.