Man Accused Of Whacking Taxi With A Didgeridoo in Southern California
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
CHULA VISTA, Calif. (AP) – A Southern California man has been arrested after police say he whacked a taxi with a didgeridoo in an argument over the fare.
U-T San Diego says the 31-year-old man and a woman were picked up Sunday night in Chula Vista then fell asleep during a 20-minute ride to a home.
Police Lt. Phil Collum says when they arrived, the man got into an argument with the cabbie over the fare.
Collum says he went into the house and came out with a didgeridoo – a long, wooden instrument from Australia.
Collum says the man threatened the driver with it. The cabbie drove off, but the man allegedly chased the cab and whacked it several times with the didgeridoo, denting the vehicle.
Arriving police arrested the man on suspicion of vandalism.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.