UPDATED: Walmart Opens In New Rocklin Shopping Development
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – The wait is finally over as the doors at a new Rocklin Walmart finally opened Wednesday morning, but it’s not just the supercenter that Placer County residents are excited about.
People were chanting and clapping as the new Walmart Supercenter opened for business, bringing dozens of jobs to Rocklin, off Interstate 80 and Sierra College Boulevard.
It’s the first store to open at Rocklin Crossing, a 544,000 square foot retail center still under construction.
“That’s what we want. That’s what we need to expand our little beautiful area here in Rocklin,” shopper Vida Roybal said.
Just on the other side of the interstate from Rocklin Crossing is Rocklin Commons, a 380,000 square foot retail center being built.
“We really look forward to this new growth,” said Rocklin Mayor Diana Ruslin.
She says the area will give a boost to the local economy.
“It will increase due to other stores opening. So, we’ll see. I would say a lot of revenue coming in, but it will take some time,” said Ruslin.
Other stores coming to the two shopping complexes include Target, PetSmart and a movie theater with a restaurant and bar inside.
“I think it’s what we needed in our area, not only for jobs but for us locally in Rocklin — a place to come that would be a lot closer,” said Roybal.
This Saturday, Walmart is offering activities and free food samples from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The project is slated to cost between $150 and $200 million.
- Police: More Than $1,000 In Fake Bills Passed At Sonora Walmart
- New Walmart Neighborhood Market To Open In South Sacramento
- Women Accused Of Using Stun Guns On Sacramento Shoppers During Robberies
- Women Robbed Outside Sacramento Stores By Woman With Stun Gun
- 40 Percent Of Businesses Require Employees To Work On Thanksgiving
- UPDATED: Walmart Opens In New Rocklin Shopping Development