Sea Lions Have Sacramento Fishermen’s Rods Coming Up Empty
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Fishermen in the Sacramento area are facing stiff competition from sea lions swimming up from the San Francisco Bay, and there’s nothing they can do about it.
Even though the salmon are literally jumping out of the American River, fishermen aren’t faring well as sea lions are enjoying the feast.
One local fisherman posted a Facebook video showing his competition, proving that fishing poles are no match for a sea lion bull.
And there’s nothing they can do.
In 2009, Larry Allen Legans was arrested after shooting a sea lion in the face. He was later convicted and sentenced to 30 days in jail, ordered to pay $50,000 in restitution, and placed on five years probation where he also could not hunt or fish.