Sea Lions Have Sacramento Fishermen’s Rods Coming Up Empty
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Fishermen in the Sacramento area are facing stiff competition from sea lions swimming up from the San Francisco Bay, and there’s nothing they can do about it.
Even though the salmon are literally jumping out of the American River, fishermen aren’t faring well as sea lions are enjoying the feast.
One local fisherman posted a Facebook video showing his competition, proving that fishing poles are no match for a sea lion bull.
And there’s nothing they can do.
In 2009, Larry Allen Legans was arrested after shooting a sea lion in the face. He was later convicted and sentenced to 30 days in jail, ordered to pay $50,000 in restitution, and placed on five years probation where he also could not hunt or fish.