Sea Lions Have Sacramento Fishermen’s Rods Coming Up Empty
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Fishermen in the Sacramento area are facing stiff competition from sea lions swimming up from the San Francisco Bay, and there’s nothing they can do about it.
Even though the salmon are literally jumping out of the American River, fishermen aren’t faring well as sea lions are enjoying the feast.
One local fisherman posted a Facebook video showing his competition, proving that fishing poles are no match for a sea lion bull.
And there’s nothing they can do.
In 2009, Larry Allen Legans was arrested after shooting a sea lion in the face. He was later convicted and sentenced to 30 days in jail, ordered to pay $50,000 in restitution, and placed on five years probation where he also could not hunt or fish.