Sea Lions Have Sacramento Fishermen’s Rods Coming Up Empty
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Fishermen in the Sacramento area are facing stiff competition from sea lions swimming up from the San Francisco Bay, and there’s nothing they can do about it.
Even though the salmon are literally jumping out of the American River, fishermen aren’t faring well as sea lions are enjoying the feast.
One local fisherman posted a Facebook video showing his competition, proving that fishing poles are no match for a sea lion bull.
And there’s nothing they can do.
In 2009, Larry Allen Legans was arrested after shooting a sea lion in the face. He was later convicted and sentenced to 30 days in jail, ordered to pay $50,000 in restitution, and placed on five years probation where he also could not hunt or fish.