UPDATED: Propane Leak Likely Cause For Elk Grove Trailer Explosion
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
Updated: Nov. 14, 2013 4:00 PM
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A propane leak is the likely cause of an explosion that leveled a travel trailer in Elk Grove and critically injured a teenager Thursday morning, according to the Cosumnes Fire Department.
At around 7:35 a.m., a trailer parked next to a home in the 8000 block of Alpine Blue Court exploded, injuring a 16-year-old boy and damaging two nearby homes.
“We all know each other, and we all look out for each other’s children. And so, to see him on that ground, it just freaked me out,” said neighbor Tiffany Jackson. “I probably was more upset than his family was.”
The teen is in critical condition and has been taken to UC Davis Medical Center, according to Cosumnes Fire Department. Jackson also said the boy’s legs, hair and eyebrows were burned.
Firefighters say the cause of the explosion was a propane tank used to heat water.
Nearby residents say they heard the explosion and saw debris flying.