UPDATED: Propane Leak Likely Cause For Elk Grove Trailer Explosion
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
Updated: Nov. 14, 2013 4:00 PM
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A propane leak is the likely cause of an explosion that leveled a travel trailer in Elk Grove and critically injured a teenager Thursday morning, according to the Cosumnes Fire Department.
At around 7:35 a.m., a trailer parked next to a home in the 8000 block of Alpine Blue Court exploded, injuring a 16-year-old boy and damaging two nearby homes.
“We all know each other, and we all look out for each other’s children. And so, to see him on that ground, it just freaked me out,” said neighbor Tiffany Jackson. “I probably was more upset than his family was.”
The teen is in critical condition and has been taken to UC Davis Medical Center, according to Cosumnes Fire Department. Jackson also said the boy’s legs, hair and eyebrows were burned.
Firefighters say the cause of the explosion was a propane tank used to heat water.
Nearby residents say they heard the explosion and saw debris flying.