UPDATED: Propane Leak Likely Cause For Elk Grove Trailer Explosion
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
Updated: Nov. 14, 2013 4:00 PM
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A propane leak is the likely cause of an explosion that leveled a travel trailer in Elk Grove and critically injured a teenager Thursday morning, according to the Cosumnes Fire Department.
At around 7:35 a.m., a trailer parked next to a home in the 8000 block of Alpine Blue Court exploded, injuring a 16-year-old boy and damaging two nearby homes.
“We all know each other, and we all look out for each other’s children. And so, to see him on that ground, it just freaked me out,” said neighbor Tiffany Jackson. “I probably was more upset than his family was.”
The teen is in critical condition and has been taken to UC Davis Medical Center, according to Cosumnes Fire Department. Jackson also said the boy’s legs, hair and eyebrows were burned.
Firefighters say the cause of the explosion was a propane tank used to heat water.
Nearby residents say they heard the explosion and saw debris flying.