Teen Recovering From Elk Grove Propane Blast That Leveled Trailer
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — A 16-year-old boy was badly burned in an explosion caused by a propane leak that leveled a trailer.
Cosumnes firefighters sifted through the rubble and traced the source of the explosion to a leak in the camper’s propane system.
Trevor was staying over at his grandparents’ home on Thursday, sound asleep when it blew up. He was critically injured.
The blast shook homes on the block, taking out a neighbor’s fence and living room window.
“We have glass on the roof, trailer pieces on our side of the yard,” said neighbor Martin Macias.
Firefighters say there’s no evidence of an illegal activity.
Family members say he’s been transferred to Shriner’s Hospital with severe burns, and expect him to pull through. But it will be a long road to recovery for him.