Teen Recovering From Elk Grove Propane Blast That Leveled Trailer

ELK GROVE (CBS13) — A 16-year-old boy was badly burned in an explosion caused by a propane leak that leveled a trailer.

Cosumnes firefighters sifted through the rubble and traced the source of the explosion to a leak in the camper’s propane system.

Trevor was staying over at his grandparents’ home on Thursday, sound asleep when it blew up. He was critically injured.

The blast shook homes on the block, taking out a neighbor’s fence and living room window.

“We have glass on the roof, trailer pieces on our side of the yard,” said neighbor Martin Macias.

Firefighters say there’s no evidence of an illegal activity.

Family members say he’s been transferred to Shriner’s Hospital with severe burns, and expect him to pull through. But it will be a long road to recovery for him.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Sign-Up Now For Our 2016 Knockout Pool
Tickets to aftershock now on sale

Listen Live