Business Slows At Bagel Shop After Worker Reportedly Refuses Service To US Servicemember
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
DAVIS (CBS13) – Customers are threatening to boycott a Davis bagel shop after an online review claims employees refused service to a customer wearing his military uniform.
The owners of Posh Bagel in downtown Davis, a mom and pop shop, say that simply is not true.
“I can’t imagine that rumor is true,” said Bill Pride, who works next door.
The rumor is based on a Nov. 17 customer review on Yelp.
“My boyfriend went to get me a sandwich at Posh Bagel today in his service uniform after performing an honor guard service for a fallen military veteran and he was DENIED service because the employee stated ‘they do not support the war,’ ” wrote Melissa W. of Fairfield.
That review spawned others.
“I’ve never been to this place before, but after reading that they refuse service to military, I will NEVER go here,” wrote Lindy Y. of Elk Grove.
“We do support everyone that works for the government, military,” employee Juan Zurita said.
Zurita says the review couldn’t be further from the truth, and they love serving their customers who serve them.
“We here serve everyone, no matter race, gender, sexual orientation, job, anything like that,” he said.
But because of the bad review, business took a major hit Monday.
“It was supposed to be a good day for us and, honestly, we only got like 20 to 30 customers when we were supposed to be almost sold out from a lot of our bagels and stuff,” said Zurita.
“I see lots of folks in uniform come in and out of Posh Bagel and never hear of any incident at all with them,” said Pride.
The many people who have come to make Posh their daily bagel stop are upset with how a single Yelp review can tarnish a small family business.
“I think it’s really sad that they would attack this family business that really, I think, makes Davis a nice place,” customer Margot Boorman said.
We tried to contact the person who wrote the negative review, but didn’t hear back.
The review has since been taken down.
- Davis Police: Felon Had Loaded Firearms
- Davis Community Lives In Fear Of Old, Potentially Dangerous Trees
- 1 Taken To Hospital After 2-Car Rollover In Davis
- Davis Expanding Bike Lane Infrastructure With European-Inspired Design Plan
- Police: Davis Runaways Considered At-Risk
- Davis High Football Team Targeted By Thieves While On The Field