Wife Of California Man Detained In North Korea Asks For His Return
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
PALO ALTO, Calif. (AP) – The wife of an 85-year-old Korean War veteran detained in North Korea has implored authorities there to let her husband return to his anxious, concerned family.
Lee Newman said in a statement released Friday from the Channing House retirement community that the family feels a misunderstanding led to his detention.
Her husband, Merrill Newman, was set to end a 10 day tour of North Korea on Oct. 26.
She says that just before he was slated to fly out, he was escorted from his flight by a North Korean official, and the family doesn’t know why he is being held.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.