Food Trucks Roll Into Sacramento International Airport For Holiday Travel Season
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Food trucks are rolling into the cellphone parking lot of Sacramento International Airport as part of an experiment.
The trucks rolled into the airport on Tuesday, and customers rolled right up with them.
It’s part of an agreement between the airport and Foodmob, a food truck organization representing more than 20 of its members.
The trucks are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and offer a rotating array of food. Tuesday had Greek, but Wednesday cold bring burgers, or even barbecue.
“There’s a new gourmet truck they’re going to be rotating, so they’re not going to get the same thing every day,” said Naeema Afzili with Gyro Kings.
Airport officials say it’s just a 45-day trial, but if it works out well, they’re willing to extend it. Vendors pay just $20 a day for parking.