Food Trucks Roll Into Sacramento International Airport For Holiday Travel Season
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Food trucks are rolling into the cellphone parking lot of Sacramento International Airport as part of an experiment.
The trucks rolled into the airport on Tuesday, and customers rolled right up with them.
It’s part of an agreement between the airport and Foodmob, a food truck organization representing more than 20 of its members.
The trucks are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and offer a rotating array of food. Tuesday had Greek, but Wednesday cold bring burgers, or even barbecue.
“There’s a new gourmet truck they’re going to be rotating, so they’re not going to get the same thing every day,” said Naeema Afzili with Gyro Kings.
Airport officials say it’s just a 45-day trial, but if it works out well, they’re willing to extend it. Vendors pay just $20 a day for parking.