Food Trucks Roll Into Sacramento International Airport For Holiday Travel Season
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Food trucks are rolling into the cellphone parking lot of Sacramento International Airport as part of an experiment.
The trucks rolled into the airport on Tuesday, and customers rolled right up with them.
It’s part of an agreement between the airport and Foodmob, a food truck organization representing more than 20 of its members.
The trucks are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and offer a rotating array of food. Tuesday had Greek, but Wednesday cold bring burgers, or even barbecue.
“There’s a new gourmet truck they’re going to be rotating, so they’re not going to get the same thing every day,” said Naeema Afzili with Gyro Kings.
Airport officials say it’s just a 45-day trial, but if it works out well, they’re willing to extend it. Vendors pay just $20 a day for parking.