Bail Agent Asked Gang Members In Jail To Commit Crimes?
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police have arrested a bail agent for allegedly going to a jail and soliciting gang members to commit violent crimes, including murder.
Praveen Singh, who also goes by the name “Prajeer Singh”, 34 of Modesto, was arrested at around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday on charges of shooting at an inhabited house, attempting to shoot at an inhabited house and trying to hire someone to commit a robbery.
Police say in 2013 Singh, a licensed bail agent with Singh Bail Bonds, was going to Stanislaus County Jail under the guise of working as a criminal defense investigator. But in reality, he was allegedly looking for active gang members to carry out drive-by shootings, including one incident at a law enforcement officer’s home, home invasion robberies, murder and other felony crimes.
Singh’s arrest resulted from a lengthy joint investigation with members of the Modesto, Turlock, and Ceres Police Departments, Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department and Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office. These agencies are continuing their investigations into the above crimes.
Investigators ask anyone with information about Praveen Singh to please contact Detective Jon Evers at (209) 652-1995 or call Crime Stoppers.
- Modesto Couple Reunited With Wedding Album Lost In Move From Afghanistan
- Lathrop Couple Sues Modesto Hospital Over Newborn’s Death
- Modesto Schools Expanding Mental-Health Counseling Amid High Expulsions, Suspensions
- World War II Vet, 94, In Induced Coma After Violent Modesto Home Invasion
- Modesto Suspect’s Family Shocked At Murder Accusations He’s Facing