MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police have arrested a bail agent for allegedly going to a jail and soliciting gang members to commit violent crimes, including murder.
Praveen Singh, who also goes by the name “Prajeer Singh”, 34 of Modesto, was arrested at around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday on charges of shooting at an inhabited house, attempting to shoot at an inhabited house and trying to hire someone to commit a robbery.
Police say in 2013 Singh, a licensed bail agent with Singh Bail Bonds, was going to Stanislaus County Jail under the guise of working as a criminal defense investigator. But in reality, he was allegedly looking for active gang members to carry out drive-by shootings, including one incident at a law enforcement officer’s home, home invasion robberies, murder and other felony crimes.
Singh’s arrest resulted from a lengthy joint investigation with members of the Modesto, Turlock, and Ceres Police Departments, Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department and Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office. These agencies are continuing their investigations into the above crimes.
Investigators ask anyone with information about Praveen Singh to please contact Detective Jon Evers at (209) 652-1995 or call Crime Stoppers.
- Home Invasion Suspect In Critical Condition After Officers Use Stun Gun
- Modesto Officer Chasing Suspect Crashes Into Building
- Modesto Teen Arrested, Accused Of Damaging Police Patrol Car
- 9 New Alleged Molestation Victims Of Modesto Karate Instructor Come Forward
- Police Warn Of Suspicious Man Approaching Students In Modesto