Police Make Arrest In Homicide Near Crocker Art Museum
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police have arrested a man for murder in connection with the death of a man near Crocker Art Museum Wednesday.
The victim and the suspect reportedly got into a fight near the 200 block of O Street at around 7 p.m. on Wednesday, according to a statement from the Sacramento Police Department. Police arrived at the park to find the 50-year-old victim unresponsive and gave him CPR. He was later pronounced dead.
Additional officers found a man believed to be responsible for the man’s death and held him for questioning. Police later arrested the man, Arthur Bird, 40, on murder charges.
A preliminary police investigation attributes the victim’s death to physical trauma. The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office will conduct its own investigation to determine the exact cause of death.