Police Make Arrest In Homicide Near Crocker Art Museum
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police have arrested a man for murder in connection with the death of a man near Crocker Art Museum Wednesday.
The victim and the suspect reportedly got into a fight near the 200 block of O Street at around 7 p.m. on Wednesday, according to a statement from the Sacramento Police Department. Police arrived at the park to find the 50-year-old victim unresponsive and gave him CPR. He was later pronounced dead.
Additional officers found a man believed to be responsible for the man’s death and held him for questioning. Police later arrested the man, Arthur Bird, 40, on murder charges.
A preliminary police investigation attributes the victim’s death to physical trauma. The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office will conduct its own investigation to determine the exact cause of death.