Police Make Arrest In Homicide Near Crocker Art Museum
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police have arrested a man for murder in connection with the death of a man near Crocker Art Museum Wednesday.
The victim and the suspect reportedly got into a fight near the 200 block of O Street at around 7 p.m. on Wednesday, according to a statement from the Sacramento Police Department. Police arrived at the park to find the 50-year-old victim unresponsive and gave him CPR. He was later pronounced dead.
Additional officers found a man believed to be responsible for the man’s death and held him for questioning. Police later arrested the man, Arthur Bird, 40, on murder charges.
A preliminary police investigation attributes the victim’s death to physical trauma. The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office will conduct its own investigation to determine the exact cause of death.