TRACY (CBS13) – Twenty homes in Tracy were evacuated for over an hour after an explosion went off inside a home.
Tracy fire and police investigators are still trying to piece together the details that led to the blast at the home in the 1300 block of Crossroads Drive at around 3:30 p.m., say Tracy police.
When firefighters arrived, they found the garage doors and roof tiles from the home scattered in the street.
Investigators believe the homeowner was trying to commit suicide shortly before the blast. He was badly burned and was taken to the hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
- Nationwide Adoption Agency Abruptly Closes Their Doors
- Parents Visit Alameda Creek Where Tracy Teen Is Trapped In Car
- Tracy Woman, 18, Crashes Into Rain-Swollen Alameda County Creek
- NFL Player Pays Special Tribute To Fallen Stanislaus County Deputy
- Tracy Man Grateful Kaiser Sacramento Staff Saved His Life