Pot Clinic Owner Selected Mayor Of California City
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. (AP) — A medical marijuana dispensary owner is riding high after being named mayor of a Northern California city.
Sebastopol’s City Council selected 36-year-old Robert Jacob as mayor earlier this week. Jacob runs two pot clinics in Sonoma County and officials believe he’s the first dispensary owner in the nation to serve as a mayor.
Jacob has been on the City Council for two years, and most recently was vice mayor. He’s worked to create statewide dispensary regulations.
Americans for Safe Access, which advocates for safe and legal access to therapeutic cannabis, called Jacob’s selection as mayor historic and unprecedented.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)