Pot Clinic Owner Selected Mayor Of California City
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. (AP) — A medical marijuana dispensary owner is riding high after being named mayor of a Northern California city.
Sebastopol’s City Council selected 36-year-old Robert Jacob as mayor earlier this week. Jacob runs two pot clinics in Sonoma County and officials believe he’s the first dispensary owner in the nation to serve as a mayor.
Jacob has been on the City Council for two years, and most recently was vice mayor. He’s worked to create statewide dispensary regulations.
Americans for Safe Access, which advocates for safe and legal access to therapeutic cannabis, called Jacob’s selection as mayor historic and unprecedented.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)