Pot Clinic Owner Selected Mayor Of California City
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. (AP) — A medical marijuana dispensary owner is riding high after being named mayor of a Northern California city.
Sebastopol’s City Council selected 36-year-old Robert Jacob as mayor earlier this week. Jacob runs two pot clinics in Sonoma County and officials believe he’s the first dispensary owner in the nation to serve as a mayor.
Jacob has been on the City Council for two years, and most recently was vice mayor. He’s worked to create statewide dispensary regulations.
Americans for Safe Access, which advocates for safe and legal access to therapeutic cannabis, called Jacob’s selection as mayor historic and unprecedented.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)