ELK GROVE (CBS13) — A 17-year-old Cosumnes Oaks High School football player was killed when he lost control of a car on Saturday.
Joshua Davis was driving with a friend at around 6 p.m. on Saturday, when police say he hit a median, lost control of his car and ran into a pole, knocking it down.
Friends say he was a star player at the high school and very well liked.
Shulanda Mosley, a mother of one of Davis’ friends, heard the crash, came out and realized her daughter knew the driver, and held him until help arrived.
“As a mom, I just knelt down at Josh’s door, and was just telling him just to hold on and that the ambulance was on the way,” Mosley said.
Initial reports had called the crash the result of a street race, but police are now saying it’s a case of an inexperienced driver losing control.
A memorial will be held near the scene at 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Old Town Elk Grove Parking Could Face Limits
- Vacaville Middle School Students Get Lesson In Stopping Cyberbullying
- ‘Black Hallmark Of America’ Celebrates 25 Years Of Greeting Cards In Sacramento
- Farmworkers Anxious As They Await California Governor’s Decision On Overtime Bill
- 5 Dead In Suspicious Southern California House Fire