Cosumnes Oaks High Football Standout Dies After Losing Control Of Car
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — A 17-year-old Cosumnes Oaks High School football player was killed when he lost control of a car on Saturday.
Joshua Davis was driving with a friend at around 6 p.m. on Saturday, when police say he hit a median, lost control of his car and ran into a pole, knocking it down.
Friends say he was a star player at the high school and very well liked.
Shulanda Mosley, a mother of one of Davis’ friends, heard the crash, came out and realized her daughter knew the driver, and held him until help arrived.
“As a mom, I just knelt down at Josh’s door, and was just telling him just to hold on and that the ambulance was on the way,” Mosley said.
Initial reports had called the crash the result of a street race, but police are now saying it’s a case of an inexperienced driver losing control.
A memorial will be held near the scene at 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Fire Destroys Sacramento Apartment, No Working Smoke Alarms Found
- CHP Officer Shoots, Kills Teen Who Attacked Him With Machete
- Sacramento Lawyer Left Wondering Why He Was Attacked In New Orleans
- YEAR IN REVIEW: May 2014’s Top 10 Stories
- Mom Severely Injured By Alleged DUI Crash Able To Hold Her Newborn Again