Cosumnes Oaks High Football Standout Dies After Losing Control Of Car
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — A 17-year-old Cosumnes Oaks High School football player was killed when he lost control of a car on Saturday.
Joshua Davis was driving with a friend at around 6 p.m. on Saturday, when police say he hit a median, lost control of his car and ran into a pole, knocking it down.
Friends say he was a star player at the high school and very well liked.
Shulanda Mosley, a mother of one of Davis’ friends, heard the crash, came out and realized her daughter knew the driver, and held him until help arrived.
“As a mom, I just knelt down at Josh’s door, and was just telling him just to hold on and that the ambulance was on the way,” Mosley said.
Initial reports had called the crash the result of a street race, but police are now saying it’s a case of an inexperienced driver losing control.
A memorial will be held near the scene at 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Man Turned Away From Garth Brooks Concert; Told $585 Tickets Were Already Used
- Off-Duty Modesto Police Officer Involved In Shooting
- Fresno Firefighter Who Falls Through Roof Of Home Badly Burned
- Commercial Fire In Modesto Sends Up Large Smoke Plume
- Five People Injured In Alleged Biker Shootout In Stockton