Cosumnes Oaks High Football Standout Dies After Losing Control Of Car
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — A 17-year-old Cosumnes Oaks High School football player was killed when he lost control of a car on Saturday.
Joshua Davis was driving with a friend at around 6 p.m. on Saturday, when police say he hit a median, lost control of his car and ran into a pole, knocking it down.
Friends say he was a star player at the high school and very well liked.
Shulanda Mosley, a mother of one of Davis’ friends, heard the crash, came out and realized her daughter knew the driver, and held him until help arrived.
“As a mom, I just knelt down at Josh’s door, and was just telling him just to hold on and that the ambulance was on the way,” Mosley said.
Initial reports had called the crash the result of a street race, but police are now saying it’s a case of an inexperienced driver losing control.
A memorial will be held near the scene at 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Davis Police Accepting MRAP Raises Concerns About Department Militarization
- SMUD Mixup Leaves Woman Paying Neighbor’s Electrical Bills For More Than A Year
- Doctors Calming Fears After Sacramento Patient Tested For Ebola Exposure
- Ferguson Shooting Revives Memories Of Similar Sacramento Incident In 1970s
- Tracy Residents Happy With Parking Permit Restrictions Near High School