Family: Missing Colfax Man Found Dead
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
COLFAX (CBS13) — A Colfax man who went missing while traveling back to his home was found dead, his family said on Sunday.
Eric Garcia’s family hadn’t heard from him since Dec. 7. That weekend, half a foot of snow fell and temperatures dipped into the teens.
His car was found mangled off of Interstate 80 near Colfax.
The search had been nonstop for Tiffany Matthews and family as they desperately tried to find her fiance and father of two.
An outpouring of support for the family has been shared on the Facebook page set up for his search.
He left Matthews’ mom’s house in Rancho Murieta to get his wallet in Colfax before a Dec. 8 San Francisco 49ers game he planned to attend. He would never make it.