Family: Missing Colfax Man Found Dead
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) — A Colfax man who went missing while traveling back to his home was found dead, his family said on Sunday.
Eric Garcia’s family hadn’t heard from him since Dec. 7. That weekend, half a foot of snow fell and temperatures dipped into the teens.
His car was found mangled off of Interstate 80 near Colfax.
The search had been nonstop for Tiffany Matthews and family as they desperately tried to find her fiance and father of two.
An outpouring of support for the family has been shared on the Facebook page set up for his search.
He left Matthews’ mom’s house in Rancho Murieta to get his wallet in Colfax before a Dec. 8 San Francisco 49ers game he planned to attend. He would never make it.