Motorcyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two crashes on Interstate 80 during the Monday morning commute led to the closure of the freeway for hours.
CHP investigators now say the death of a motorcyclist killed in one of the crashes was a hit and run.
The first crash happened just before 6:30 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80 between El Camino Avenue and Reed Avenue, causing a sudden slowing in traffic. The resulting backup caused a motorcyclist, who was riding in the fast lane, to slam on his brakes and fall from his motorcycle. A passing car then hit the motorcyclist and drove away. The motorcyclist was declared dead on the scene.
Officers found the suspect’s vehicle in West Sacramento.
The freeway reopened at around 9 a.m.