Motorcyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two crashes on Interstate 80 during the Monday morning commute led to the closure of the freeway for hours.
CHP investigators now say the death of a motorcyclist killed in one of the crashes was a hit and run.
The first crash happened just before 6:30 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80 between El Camino Avenue and Reed Avenue, causing a sudden slowing in traffic. The resulting backup caused a motorcyclist, who was riding in the fast lane, to slam on his brakes and fall from his motorcycle. A passing car then hit the motorcyclist and drove away. The motorcyclist was declared dead on the scene.
Officers found the suspect’s vehicle in West Sacramento.
The freeway reopened at around 9 a.m.