Motorcyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two crashes on Interstate 80 during the Monday morning commute led to the closure of the freeway for hours.
CHP investigators now say the death of a motorcyclist killed in one of the crashes was a hit and run.
The first crash happened just before 6:30 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80 between El Camino Avenue and Reed Avenue, causing a sudden slowing in traffic. The resulting backup caused a motorcyclist, who was riding in the fast lane, to slam on his brakes and fall from his motorcycle. A passing car then hit the motorcyclist and drove away. The motorcyclist was declared dead on the scene.
Officers found the suspect’s vehicle in West Sacramento.
The freeway reopened at around 9 a.m.