Santa Needs Help Replacing His Manteca Hut
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) — The rush is on to replace Santa’s hut as mold and dry rot problems have taken over his current Manteca digs.
Everyone always tells Santa Claus what they want for Christmas, but no one ever asks him what he wants. This year, it’s help for his home.
“Right here it’s got structural problems, dry rot and mold, and then inside there’s a little bit of mold,” Santa said. “It’s just old.”
Chipped paint, rot, not to mention Kris Kringle’s missing shingles—they’re all clues to what this Manteca Santa wants for Christmas: A new holiday hut.
Santa’s not shy about the need to upgrade this half-century old seasonal shed, levelled with the help of cinder blocks.
One of his helpers, Jennifer Munoz, gets emotional when she talks about the foundation trying to raise money to give Santa a better roof over his head.
“It just takes me back to yesteryear, the memories that I have as a child, and the excitement that I have, watching the excitement in my own children’s face,” she said.
Santa wants to make his new holiday hut extra special.
“The dream for the new house is to make it wheelchair accessible,” he said. “There are very few places where someone can actually come up and sit next to Santa, or actually get next to Santa.
The goal is to raise $3,000 for a new Santa hut. You can help make Santa’s dream a reality here.
- Sacramento County Sheriff Hopes To SEE More Crime With Electronic Eye Program
- Call Kurtis: Wait! — The Warning Signs To Watch Out For Before You Buy An Extended Warranty
- Oregon Water Tests Find No Trace Of Urine In 38 Million Flushed Gallons
- BART Fined $210,000 After Worker Deaths In October Accident
- New Year, Same Record For Beginning Of Sacramento Kings’ New Era