TRUCKEE (CBS13) – Four people were arrested in Truckee recently after an explosion occurred while they were allegedly making hash oil.
Truckee police and firefighters were called to a home at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday on reports of a grease fire. When they arrived, they could see evidence that a small explosion had occurred while the suspects were using butane fuel to produce the drug, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
Anthony Garner , 20, was taken to the hospital with moderate burns and was later booked into jail on felony charges of manufacturing drugs, child endangerment, conspiracy to commit crimes, and maintaining a residence for manufacturing drugs. Three other suspects, Kiev Watson-Akright, 22, Yvenel Casseide, 21, and Austin Coton, 21, were arrested on felony charges that include manufacturing drugs, child endangerment, and conspiracy to commit crimes.
Police say making hash oil has become common among marijuana users seeking higher THC content. The process of making hash oil can be dangerous and is known to cause explosions of this kind.
- Sierra Braces For Heavy Snow, Possible Avalanches
- Sheriff: DUI Suspect Shot, Killed Near North Lake Tahoe; Had Held Passenger Hostage At Gunpoint
- VIDEO: Big Rig Driver Slides Down Mountain After Brake Lines Lock Up
- Blizzard Conditions Have I-80 Closed In Sierra
- Caltrans Quickly Cleans Up Mudslide On I-80 In Sierra