Explosion During Hash Oil Production At Truckee Residence Results In 4 Arrsests
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (CBS13) – Four people were arrested in Truckee recently after an explosion occurred while they were allegedly making hash oil.
Truckee police and firefighters were called to a home at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday on reports of a grease fire. When they arrived, they could see evidence that a small explosion had occurred while the suspects were using butane fuel to produce the drug, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
Anthony Garner , 20, was taken to the hospital with moderate burns and was later booked into jail on felony charges of manufacturing drugs, child endangerment, conspiracy to commit crimes, and maintaining a residence for manufacturing drugs. Three other suspects, Kiev Watson-Akright, 22, Yvenel Casseide, 21, and Austin Coton, 21, were arrested on felony charges that include manufacturing drugs, child endangerment, and conspiracy to commit crimes.
Police say making hash oil has become common among marijuana users seeking higher THC content. The process of making hash oil can be dangerous and is known to cause explosions of this kind.
- Person Hit, Killed By Train In Truckee
- Contractor Charged With Manslaughter In Truckee Carbon Monoxide Deaths
- Explosion During Hash Oil Production At Truckee Residence Results In 4 Arrsests
- California Men Busted With 68 Pounds Of Pot At Nevada Border
- Overturned Big Rig Stalls Truckee Traffic After Colliding With 2 Vehicles