Explosion During Hash Oil Production At Truckee Residence Results In 4 Arrsests
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
TRUCKEE (CBS13) – Four people were arrested in Truckee recently after an explosion occurred while they were allegedly making hash oil.
Truckee police and firefighters were called to a home at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday on reports of a grease fire. When they arrived, they could see evidence that a small explosion had occurred while the suspects were using butane fuel to produce the drug, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
Anthony Garner , 20, was taken to the hospital with moderate burns and was later booked into jail on felony charges of manufacturing drugs, child endangerment, conspiracy to commit crimes, and maintaining a residence for manufacturing drugs. Three other suspects, Kiev Watson-Akright, 22, Yvenel Casseide, 21, and Austin Coton, 21, were arrested on felony charges that include manufacturing drugs, child endangerment, and conspiracy to commit crimes.
Police say making hash oil has become common among marijuana users seeking higher THC content. The process of making hash oil can be dangerous and is known to cause explosions of this kind.