San Jose Store Owner Who Sold Winning Mega Millions Ticket To Get $1M
You might also like...
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The San Jose store owner who sold a winning ticket for the Mega Millions jackpot says he expects the news to boost his business.
Thuy Nguyen’s eclectic and unassuming strip mall gift shop, Jenny’s Gift and Kids Wear, attracted national attention on Wednesday, as news of the winning ticket spread. The winner has not yet come forward to claim a share of the $648 million jackpot.
California lottery spokeswoman Donna Cordova says the person has a year to claim the prize. Nguyen, meanwhile, will get $1 million.
The former hairstylist says he took over the store four months ago. He spoke as customers came in to buy lottery tickets.
He says the store has already received a new moniker. Customers are calling the store, “Lucky Buddha.”
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Sacramento-Area Store Sells $60M Powerball Ticket
- Milpitas Gas Station That Sold Winning Mega Millions Ticket Getting $1 Million
- 2nd Winner Of $636M Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot Comes Forward
- Calif. Mega Millions Lottery Winner Still Hasn’t Claimed Prize
- San Jose Store Owner Who Sold Winning Mega Millions Ticket To Get $1M
- Lucky Mega Millions Lotto Tickets Sold In Atlanta, San Jose