Teacher Charged With Molesting 13 Boys
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California man has been indicted on charges that he molested 13 boys he came into contact with at an El Segundo school and in Plumas and Orange counties.
The Torrance Daily Breeze reports 28-year-old Jeffrey Simonek of Torrance has been in custody since being arrested Nov. 26, shortly after being indicted. He is being held on $20 million bail.
Court papers show police opened an investigation in August 2012 after someone alleged two boys were sexually assaulted in Simonek’s fifth-grade classroom at Center Street School.
Investigators said Simonek was also suspected of similar crimes against boys at a Northern California summer camp.
Police said Simonek taught and volunteered at several other schools and camps in Los Angeles and Orange counties and sometimes babysat for parents.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)