Teacher Charged With Molesting 13 Boys
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California man has been indicted on charges that he molested 13 boys he came into contact with at an El Segundo school and in Plumas and Orange counties.
The Torrance Daily Breeze reports 28-year-old Jeffrey Simonek of Torrance has been in custody since being arrested Nov. 26, shortly after being indicted. He is being held on $20 million bail.
Court papers show police opened an investigation in August 2012 after someone alleged two boys were sexually assaulted in Simonek’s fifth-grade classroom at Center Street School.
Investigators said Simonek was also suspected of similar crimes against boys at a Northern California summer camp.
Police said Simonek taught and volunteered at several other schools and camps in Los Angeles and Orange counties and sometimes babysat for parents.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)