Teacher Charged With Molesting 13 Boys
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California man has been indicted on charges that he molested 13 boys he came into contact with at an El Segundo school and in Plumas and Orange counties.
The Torrance Daily Breeze reports 28-year-old Jeffrey Simonek of Torrance has been in custody since being arrested Nov. 26, shortly after being indicted. He is being held on $20 million bail.
Court papers show police opened an investigation in August 2012 after someone alleged two boys were sexually assaulted in Simonek’s fifth-grade classroom at Center Street School.
Investigators said Simonek was also suspected of similar crimes against boys at a Northern California summer camp.
Police said Simonek taught and volunteered at several other schools and camps in Los Angeles and Orange counties and sometimes babysat for parents.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)