30 Arrests During 49ers Final Game At Candlestick Park
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco police say 30 people were arrested during the 49ers’ final regular season game at Candlestick Park.
Police did not say what the arrests were for at Monday night’s game, when the 49ers clinched a playoff spot after beating the Atlanta Falcons 34-24. The San Francisco Chronicle reported that at least some of the people were arrested on suspicion of stealing seats from the stadium.
In addition to the arrests, police said 81 people were ejected and seven people were cited.
Police Chief Greg Suhr had said earlier that fans could expect 50 percent more officers at Monday’s game than a regular night game.
The Niners began playing at The Stick in 1971. The team is moving to a new, $1.2 billion stadium next season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.