Sacramento Hit-And-Run Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy In Serious Condition
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An 11-year-old boy was clinging to life after being struck in a hit-and-run accident as he walked across the street on Monday.
A white van, the second vehicle to hit the child, fled the scene near Bruceville Road and Cosumnes River Boulevard. A silver Honda struck him first, but that driver stayed at the scene.
The boy was rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
For mother of four, Patricia Brown, this accident hits home. Her nephew was hit on Howe Avenue a few years back, and Monday’s accident brought those memories back.
Brown believes the accident could have been prevented by the child’s parents not letting him walk on such a busy street.
“They need to keep an eye on their children, and need to make sure they get from point A to point B,” she said.
The boy was walking with a friend around the same age who wasn’t hurt. Investigators believe they were walking in the crosswalk, but may have been crossing against a red light.