Sacramento Hit-And-Run Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy In Serious Condition
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An 11-year-old boy was clinging to life after being struck in a hit-and-run accident as he walked across the street on Monday.
A white van, the second vehicle to hit the child, fled the scene near Bruceville Road and Cosumnes River Boulevard. A silver Honda struck him first, but that driver stayed at the scene.
The boy was rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
For mother of four, Patricia Brown, this accident hits home. Her nephew was hit on Howe Avenue a few years back, and Monday’s accident brought those memories back.
Brown believes the accident could have been prevented by the child’s parents not letting him walk on such a busy street.
“They need to keep an eye on their children, and need to make sure they get from point A to point B,” she said.
The boy was walking with a friend around the same age who wasn’t hurt. Investigators believe they were walking in the crosswalk, but may have been crossing against a red light.