4 Arrested In Shooting Of Fresno High School Teacher
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Police have arrested four teenage boys in the shooting of a Central California high school teacher who fought back during an attempted robbery at the school.
Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer announced the arrests on Tuesday. According to the Fresno Bee, he identified the suspects as 17 and 16-year-old Norteno gang members.
Police have said the teens were armed with a handgun and a sawed-off shotgun when they confronted Edison High School teacher Steven Guerrero in a classroom around 7 p.m. Thursday.
Guerrero allowed the group to take a computer but then fought back after one of the teens allegedly struck him with a free weight. He was shot in the stomach and leg, but survived.
Dyer said the shooter was a student at Edison and has confessed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.