CBS Sacramento’s Top 100 Stories For 2013: 10-1
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
It’s almost 2014, which means it’s the perfect time to look back at 2013. We’ve been doing just that lately with our Top 10 posts for each month. Now it’s time to take the whole year by the horns and look back at the Top 100 stories on CBSSacramento.com.
Here’s the rest of the Top 100:
10. Thieves Charged With Cutting Off Marijuana Dispensary Owner’s Penis
Four people were charged with kidnapping a California marijuana dispensary owner, torturing him with a blowtorch and cutting off his penis during a robbery because they thought he was burying piles of cash in the desert.
9. Sacramento Police Investigating Death in Custody
Video obtained by CBS13 of the arrest on the 8300 block of Folsom Boulevard shows a suspect being restrained by a male officer’s legs, while a female officer strikes him 10 times with a baton.
8. Hayward Shooting Victim’s Bleeding Mistaken For Menstruation
Police say a Northern California family didn’t call 911 for more than five hours after a 10-year-old girl was shot because they thought she had started menstruating.
7. Rio Linda High Teacher And Coach Dies In Freak Bicycle Accident
Witnesses say Marion Adams, who taught broadcasting and coached football and track, was riding his bike home after practice when he crashed into a yellow gate arm near campus and was impaled.
6. Husband, Wife Share Story Of Coming Out Together, 20 Years Into Their Marriage
It’s the kind of thing many think would tear a husband and wife apart, but not David and Cat Kaufman. But the end of the Kaufmans’ love story has an unusual ending. More than 20 years later, David Kaufman became Dani Kaufman.