It’s almost 2014, which means it’s the perfect time to look back at 2013. We’ve been doing just that lately with our Top 10 posts for each month. Now it’s time to take the whole year by the horns and look back at the Top 100 stories on CBSSacramento.com.
Here’s the rest of the Top 100:
10. Thieves Charged With Cutting Off Marijuana Dispensary Owner’s Penis
Four people were charged with kidnapping a California marijuana dispensary owner, torturing him with a blowtorch and cutting off his penis during a robbery because they thought he was burying piles of cash in the desert.
9. Sacramento Police Investigating Death in Custody
Video obtained by CBS13 of the arrest on the 8300 block of Folsom Boulevard shows a suspect being restrained by a male officer’s legs, while a female officer strikes him 10 times with a baton.
8. Hayward Shooting Victim’s Bleeding Mistaken For Menstruation
Police say a Northern California family didn’t call 911 for more than five hours after a 10-year-old girl was shot because they thought she had started menstruating.
7. Rio Linda High Teacher And Coach Dies In Freak Bicycle Accident
Witnesses say Marion Adams, who taught broadcasting and coached football and track, was riding his bike home after practice when he crashed into a yellow gate arm near campus and was impaled.
6. Husband, Wife Share Story Of Coming Out Together, 20 Years Into Their Marriage
It’s the kind of thing many think would tear a husband and wife apart, but not David and Cat Kaufman. But the end of the Kaufmans’ love story has an unusual ending. More than 20 years later, David Kaufman became Dani Kaufman.
5. Oroville Business Owner Fights Back After String Of Burglaries, Catches Suspect
Fowler ordered the suspect, Dillon Masterson, to the ground, said Police. Masterson He dropped to his knees, and within two minutes, an officer took him into custody.
4. Thousands Line Up Outside Cal Expo Gun Show To Buy Ammunition
Thousands of people lined up for hours outside Cal Expo to buy ammunition. The line wrapped around the building for the first day of the two-day gun show.
3. New Tax Codes Causing Delays In Filing 2012 Returns
Fallout from the fiscal cliff is causing troubles for tax preparers, which means it could take longer to get your tax return this year.
2. Support Growing For Former L.A. Officer Accused Of Killing Spree
CBS13 posted a simple question: Why? Why support a man wanted for at least three killings and the author of a murderous manifesto promising to target cops?
1. Calif. Insurance Commissioner: More Than 1M Californians Having Insurance Cancelled Due To ACA
Health insurer Anthem Blue Cross of California has agreed to a two-month extension of about 104,000 individual policies after failing to give the required 90-day cancellation notice, state Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones announced.