CBS Sacramento’s Top 100 Stories For 2013: 25-11
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
It’s almost 2014, which means it’s the perfect time to look back at 2013. We’ve been doing just that lately with our Top 10 posts for each month. Now it’s time to take the whole year by the horns and look back at the Top 100 stories on CBSSacramento.com.
Here’s the schedule for today:
25. Merced Police Policy Of Taking Injured Animals To Shooting Range Comes Under Fire
The penal code has been on the books for decades. Some officers say it’s the most humane thing you can do, while others call it barbaric.
24. California Wants Small-Business Owners To Pay Back $120 Million In Tax Breaks
Small-business investors in California were promised big breaks five years ago, but now they’re being told to pay up, instead after a court ruling. After following the law, many of them are getting hit with tax bills as high as $250,000.
23. Vallejo Man Arrested For Painting His Own Crosswalk
A Vallejo man took his concerns about pedestrian safety into his own hands by painting his own crosswalk, much to the chagrin of Vallejo Police.
22. Rally Held At Roseville Galleria To Support Gay Couple Kicked Out For Showing Affection
Hundreds of gay rights activists showed up for the peaceful protest that started with a kiss, but is now gaining national attention.
21. Serial Tree Killer Chopping Cedars in El Dorado County
An El Dorado County resident has taken extreme measures against the person cutting down cedar trees including placing boobie traps and hidden cameras nearby.