It’s almost 2014, which means it’s the perfect time to look back at 2013. We’ve been doing just that lately with our Top 10 posts for each month. Now it’s time to take the whole year by the horns and look back at the Top 100 stories on CBSSacramento.com.
Here’s the schedule for today:
75-51: 4 p.m.
50-26: 5 p.m.
25-11: 6 p.m.
10-1: 10 p.m.
76. UC Davis Doctors Who Infected Brain Cancer Patients With Bowel Bacteria Resign
Two California neurosurgeons who infected brain-cancer patients with bowel bacteria in an effort to save their lives resigned their positions at the University of California, Davis, after officials concluded their actions violated the school’s code of conduct.
74. Video: Sacramento Metro Fire Avoids Helicopter Accident In San Francisco Training
Video obtained exclusively by CBS13 shot from the side of a helicopter shows an October training exercise that nearly turned tragic.
73. Suisun City Murder Victim’s Last Words Identify Alleged Killer
The suspect stole the victim’s car to get away, but vanished after that. Now the question for officers is whether the alleged killer is dead or alive.
72. Bay Area Woman’s Sex Act Reveals Workers’ Comp Fraud
San Mateo County prosecutors say 29-year-old Modupe Adunni Martin reported the injury while working as a Sequoia Union High School District janitor in 2009.
71. Former Marine Standing Guard At Elementary School Lied About Service Record
The feel-good story of a former U.S. Marine standing guard outside a local elementary school doesn’t feel so good the day after.
70. Sacramento Doctor Reprimanded For Suggesting Oral Sex To Patient
A Sacramento surgeon was reprimanded by the state medical board for suggesting a patient try oral sex to improve her gag reflex.
69. Girl Is Brain Dead After Surgery To Remove Tonsils
A 13-year-old Northern California girl is brain dead after going into surgery to remove her tonsils.
68. 4 Dozen Aftershocks Rattle Northern California After 5.7-Magnitude Earthquake
A moderate earthquake centered in rural northeastern California and felt in two other states damaged some homes and ruptured a tank that supplies residential drinking water in the densely forested region.
67. Family’s Pig Found Brutally Beaten Before Fair
Jiblet walks with a limp, covered in scratches and bruises. She hasn’t been her usual friendly self since the beating she endured. Her owner Alix Lundy believes she’ll never be able to show her after what she’s been through.
66. Tire Slasher Still Targeting Low-Income Sacramento Residents
For the past seven months, neighbors of the apartment complex off Northgate have come out to their cars in the morning and see their tires slashed and rim resting on the ground.
65. Police: Fairfield Man Drowns Pit Bull Near Civic Center, Doesn’t Know Why He Did It
Witnesses reported seeing a man carrying a medium-sized dog into a pond at the civic center and dunking it into the water until it didn’t come back up for air.
64. Chico Councilman Accuses Police Officer Of Posting Racially Insensitive Facebook Photos
A Chico Police officer was under investigation by his own department after a city councilman accused him of putting racially insensitive material on his Facebook page.
63. Thieves Swipe Thanksgiving From Sacramento Church, Community Rallying To Replace It
Thieves broke into the church’s gymnasium and stole what they could have had for free—food for Thanksgiving.
62. 48-Year-Old Russian Has World Record BASE Jump Off Mount Everest
Valery Rozov’s BASE jump from more than 23,687 above sea level came 60 years to the date that Edmund Hillary and Tensing Norgay climbed Mount Everest.
61. Dead Rabbits Left in Bloody Sack At Tracy City Councilwoman’s Home
Vandals left a bloody bag full of dead rabbits at the home of a Tracy city councilwoman in the second disturbing find at her home in less than a week.
60. PG&E Shuts Off Power To 50,000 In El Dorado County To Protect Firefighters
A grass fire left nearly 50,000 residents without power with temperatures soaring past 100 degrees after PG&E officials decided to shut off electricity to protect firefighters.
59. Shaq With Sac? Former Lakers Center Says He’ll Make Kings’ Cousins ‘Best Big Man In The Game’
Vivek Ranadive and Mark Mastrov sat down for dinner with the TNT analyst and former Los Angeles Lakers star at the Rosewood Sand Hill in Melo Park.
58. Civil Rights Lawyer: Facility Failed Dementia Patient Arrested For Alleged Attack
Civil rights attorney Jeff Kravitz says the care facility in charge failed both the suspect and the victim. He believes police were only doing their job, but the care facility paid to watch 77-year-old Martha Glover is the reason why the grandmother is in jail and not in a hospital where her family says she belongs.
57. Leila Fowler’s Brother Pleads Not Guilty in Her Stabbing
A 12-year-old boy charged with fatally stabbing his little sister pleaded not guilty in a Central California juvenile court hearing.
56. Deputies Searching For Pit Bulls That Killed 200 Goats
Neighbors have been on high alert since the goats were killed. A neighbor called animal control once he discovered a pit bull attacked his chickens.
55. Woman Allegedly Robs Manteca Bank During Test Drive
A woman said she was going to buy a car, but first needed a ride to the bank. Then, suddenly, an elderly man is suspected of being the getaway driver in a bank robbery.
54. Gang Members Stopped By Cops Before They Could Turn Hmong New Year Violent
It was supposed to be a cultural celebration for the Hmong community coming together to celebrate the new year, but some gang members were arrested that could have turned it violent.
53. Food Stamp Fraud: Beneficiaries Illegally Sell EBT Cards On Craigslist, Social Media Sites
CBS13 found two people here in Sacramento, both with the same idea, using Craigslist as free advertising to blatantly and illegally sell their state benefits.
52. Study: Women Have Better Sex Lives After Getting Breast Implants
Researchers found that women experienced a significant boost in their arousal and sexual satisfaction after they had the surgery.
51. Body Of Missing Autistic Clearlake Girl Found
The body of a 9-year-old girl with the mental capacity of a 1-year-old was found after she wandered away from her family’s home.