Alleged DUI Driver Crashes Into Pole While Racing
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A man accused of driving under the influence was arrested after crashing into a pole in Stockton’s Seaport District.
Andrew Lopez, 23, was arrested for DUI, child endangerment and other traffic-related charges after he crashed while racing with another vehicle, according to Stockton police. He was driving with two juveniles in the area of Sonora and Lincoln Street at around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when he lost control of his vehicle and hit the pole.
Lopez allegedly ran away from the crash, but was found soon after by police. He and the passengers were taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.