Covered California Website Still Giving Some Applicants Headaches
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) — Stacy Clark says he’s been trying to sign up for health insurance through Covered California, but he still hasn’t been able to sign up for insurance online.
“I’m stuck, I can’t do anything until they call me,” he said.
Despite repeated phone calls and emails, Clark says he still hasn’t been able to finish his application because of a problematic website.
Covered California Executive Director Peter Lee says people like Clark are an exception, saying Jan. 1 is a milestone for the hundreds of thousands who are now covered across the state.
Lee says they are continuing to work with customers who still want to sign up before the deadline at the end of March, when they will be financially penalized.
“We actually extended enrollment from all the way through the end of last week, so people who signed up and got their applications in we are processing that now,” he said.
But for Clark, being processed is a step he has yet to reach, and he worries it will be too late when he finally does.
“If we don’t get a resolution soon, Mr. Lee is going to be paying for my health care, and he better get ready to strap on the rubber gloves, ’cause he’s gonna be working on me,” he said.
- Covered California Struggles With Heavy Volume On Last Day Of Sign-ups
- Covered California Offers Enrollment Assistance At Sacramento Health Insurance Fairs
- Health Insurance Enrollees Urged To Make Payments
- Covered California Enrollment Numbers Still Lower Than Expected
- Deadline Approaches To Pay For Covered California Health Insurance
- 107,000 Enroll In Health Coverage In California
- Covered California Has Backlog Of 25,000 Paper Applications To Process In Two Weeks